3 March 2015

lush cosmetics easter & mothers day blogger event at lush cardiff (*)





As you can tell from the post title, I got an invite to my second LUSH Cosmetics blogger event at my local Cardiff store.......YAY! As soon as I get the email I'm like an excited child on Christmas Eve dying for the day to arrive just to get my hands on all the new things! This time it was for the launch and demos of their Easter & Mothers Day products. Being a mother of two (quite recently) I couldn't wait to see what they had in store for busy and exhausted Super Mums needing a pamper. I was also as equally as excited to see the Easter things hoping they had something cute for the girls, and of course they did. We were warmly and enthusiastically greeted by the LUSH girls and shown to a small table of non-alcoholic drinks with fruit in them (such a cute touch), chocolate eggs, nest cakes and carrots. Already this table of goodies got me overly excited and raring to go! After saying hello and catching up with the ladies, we began exploring!







I always head to the bubble bar display first. I usually find if its seasonal its mainly this section that has the new products in and they tend to sell out super quick! Also to point out I am so terrible with names but this lovely lady above was mine and Alice's little buddy for the evening and was beyond helpful and informative. Alice was early to the event and was outside when I arrived and after a few minutes chatting we really got on and become a pair for the evening! Check out her blog here Alice Phillips. Shes been doing it for less time than me and shes doing amazing, blog envy. So on this table I noticed there were quite a few new additions.

Bubblegrub = I don't know why I didn't pick up this little chap in store but I ordered one on line today with a few more bits I "needed". This smells divine! Creamy, chocolatey, sandalwoody, strong, sweet and exactly what I go for in a bubbleroon/bubble bar. I only use half if the bath is for Lola-Rose because at 2 and a half her skin is super soft anyway


Golden Egg = Super glittery and gold! This is what is in that jug above. The water turns completely golden it is beautiful. A lot like the yearly Sunnyside. The egg melts, then fizzes. It smells divine and feels amazing. Really soft and nourishing. It has a honey, toffee, cocoa butter zesty smell. Its just gorgeous and made my hand feel divine just from dipping it in! I came home with two.


Bunch of Carrots = This made me giggle. So dainty and beyond cute. You have 3 for the price and each one is reusable! Amazing value. You only need to swirl some in warm running water and it bubbled up amazingly. You will have so much use out of these. Very zesty, fresh and clean smell. I was going to get them for Lola-Rose but know shed throw them all in at once!


Rose = just from the name I had to buy it. Those who know me know I love rose scented anything! It reminded me of beauty and the beast too, no idea why. Its my perfect bubble bar. Pink, glittery, rose scented, pretty and super softening. I brought one home :)


Mother Superior = I bought one of these on line too after thinking too much about it. I loved the smell and it reminded me of Call the Midwife. I think because it resembles a cute little nun. Even though theres a lot of citrus things in there I found it quite creamy and strong. I got one for my mother for Mothers Day along with a few other goodies.


Ultraviolet = a reusable bubble bar like the comforter. Similar in shape and size. I couldn't handle the smell. It was too strong for me. Extremely parma violety. If you like those smells you will adore this! The colours are divine as well. I am not a fan of Jasmine at all that's why I didn't buy this, I am a comforter girl all the way! This is definitely for those who love candy smells and old school sweets! (i thought i took a close up photo but didn't, its the purple one next to the comforter


Rose Bombshell = another on line purchase as I honestly thought this was a yearly one. I thought it was renamed or something, wasn't until I got home I realised its seasonal. It isn't as rosy sweet as I usually like but it is very strong which I always go for. I think this one is quite a grandmotherly smell, that's the impression I get. I'm a musk lover so if you know any ladies in your family who would like this it would make  a lovely gift. Its surprisingly rather colourful too!


Secret Garden = I never pick things with flowers on or are green. I have no idea why! So I totally didn't see this but it was a free gift. THE SMELL IS GORGEOUS! So glad they popped one of these in the goody bag. Yet again, roses. Roses, roses, roses, I LOVE ROSES. For the price you have to try this, its small but packs a very fragrant punch. Cute for a younger Mummy from her baby too :)


Hoppity Poppity = I had to get this cutie for Lola-Rose. The smell did remind me of those fireball sweets at first, but once she put it in the bath, as soon as I could get it home, its more soft parma violety. The colours are quite good for the size and the popping candy had her confused for ages! Perfect for little ones I think as a chocolate alternative :) (Lola used it straight away, no photo!)


Fluffy Egg = yet another on line purchase lol. I really like this no idea why I didn't get it in store! It is basically a bath bomb of the snow fairy scent. Yep, your gonna go buy it now aren't you? I love snowfairy and missed out on Christmas :( so a few of these will make up for it. Sweet, sugary, pretty and pink! (forgot to take a photo!)


Immaculate Eggception yellow/pink = This is huge. But its 3 in one. You split it in half for 2 large halves and theres a chick or bunny bath bomb inside. Yet again your getting value for money same as the Bunch Of Carrots. A very zesty, fresh, sweet, fruity LUSH smell. Its worth it. Thinking of getting one for Lola-Rose instead of chocolate as she gets so excited over bath bombs.


So while nosing around the shop and looking at my old favourites I was on the lookout for other seasonal things. I found a few and came home with some and yes, bought others on line.

Love You Mum = i honestly thought this was St Davids day soap! It is so adorable and motherly. The detail is amazing! I think this would be a fantastic gift for your mum, especially if you showed her the huge wheel! Or you could buy her the wheel really push the boat out :) Really floraly, sweet, citrusy and quite calming. Just like a mum.


Somewhere Over The Rainbow = GLITTERY MULTICOLOURED SOAP!!! This wasn't a smell I was keen on but its so wonderful to the eyes. The smell is very orangery, clean and maybe clinically but I like heavy, musky, coconut, vanilla and rose scents. This nearly made it into the basket but I know I wouldn't use it. SO pretty though!


Carrot = brightest made soap ever, the bunny inside is so simple yet sweet. Beautiful, vibrant and orange in colour. Smell didn't cut it for me again. But since having the baby my smell has totally changed. It is super clean smelling though so maybe good for a morning shower or left in the kitchen to do hands. This is very zesty and fresh so perfect for anyone loving that. The whole carrot costs £70 too (depending on weight) if you wanted it as one of the girls asked how much is a whole one!


Yummy Mummy shower gel and conditioner = the colour is to die for. A lilacy, delicate blue and the smell is just YUM! It reminds me of my favourite Yuzu bubbleroon crossed with cotton candy smell to be honest. I love it. Luckily for me I had a small bottle in my goody bag :) I'm thinking of getting a large bottle of the shower gel as I use Ro's Argan conditioner.


Pot O Gold = such a cool jelly! I never use the word cool but this is like wobbly gold. It smells like vanilla popcorny sugar and is lovely. Ive never purchased a jelly as I honestly don't really rate them and Lola-Rose would ruin it in one bath, I might get one and freeze it for when it gets warmer, depending on the shelf life. It truly is beautiful to look at and smells amazing. I actually want to eat it.


So as you can see I had an awesome night, met some wonderful people, discovered some new favourites and hopefully showed you something you wanna try. I came home with way too much. I did put a spending ban on myself but totally caved in. LUSH has this hold on me, as soon as I walk in I know ill come out with a little black bag.








As there is an asterisk that means I was gifted something. I had a bottle of Yummy Mummy, a Golden Egg and Secret Garden bath bomb along with the magazine which I always read and circle my must haves and must wants! Also Id like to point out I used some images off the Lush website as for some strange reason I didnt take any bathbomb photos. I was way too over excited. Thanks for having me LUSH and hopefully see you soon!

ELLIE

No comments:

Post a Comment